Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ronald

Ancestry.com

1 post in this topic

I have been wondering if it is time to take a fresh look at Ancestry.com.  It has been some time since I last used the site.  In the past I became discouraged with some of their interface changes and also all of the suspect data that seemed to be the only Hints or Leafs I received as clues.  I basically put away the time I spent there and conducted my own work at various physical locations and reviewed church records in Germany.

What is your current view of Ancestry.com and their data sources?  Seems to me, they have brought a great many resources into the public domain.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Announcements

• Ronald

04/23/2017

I think it is a common theme really.  Each year as spring opens and the weather allows a release to the outdoors, the website will see a slowing in information.  That is ok, we really love our gardens as well.  I am also a huge fan of grilling foods.  I am not sure any of that will change in years to come either.   We have also taken a grand step in our field research and spent a week primarily in New Jersey with a few stops in Pennsylvania. It was a grand discovery, and yet, it was overwhelming as well. I have yet to go through all of the information that we uncovered.  And again, we found more holes that need attention.  I jokingly tell my bride that I am "DONE" now that I have linked my American lineage to the initial immigrant from Germany.  It is just a joke, there is always more to do. Thankfully so!   In the coming weeks things will settle and we will once again make some time to get more of our information on line.  Expect a wealth of data surrounding the early Tinsmans in America, maybe in Germany as well.  I will see what I can do.  I will also get more linked information posted for other areas.  Finding so many local resources while we traveled has proven that courthouses and societies are very important places to visit, and even make new friends.   I hope you will find something worth your visit, maybe even something Grand!!!!!
    • Ronald

02/04/2017

The GoAncestry Library is coming to you!       We are beginning our efforts to place our physical and digital genealogy and history library on line. This effort will provide Bibliographic information to those areas of the website where they may help you. The hope is to make our library more useful to our members from distant areas.         Initially we will get the Book Titles placed into a new topic, then we will add the table of contents, and lastly we hope to provide some meaningful book reviews.  This effort is beginning to take shape in our Pennsylvania areas. Regional specific books will be able to be found on the county and sate pages. Additionally all of the books will find their way into the forum regions as topics. If you have questions, want some more information, or are aware of material that is included in one of these volumes, you should post your comment directly into that forum topic.        It will take time for us to get the library fully listed. Our current holdings amount to almost 5,000 volumes and I can't seem to stop acquiring more.  We just love the books, they are so helpful and interesting to us that putting them on line for others is the right thing to do.   Be patient, more books are on the way! 
  • Flag Counter
    flags_1