The Tiverton Historical Society (THS) was chartered in 1879 as an educational and charitable institution under the name “The Whitridge Hall and Bowen Memorial Chapel Association”. For many years, Whitridge Hall provided a meeting place for clubs, church groups, young peoples’ organizations, etc. Lectures and plays were given there. With the large number of modern public meeting places available in Tiverton after 1950, the Hall was sold, and the association has devoted itself as a local historical society.
Our headquarters is now located in the Chace-Cory House, 3908 Main Road, at Tiverton Four Corners.