Website Navigation Bar and accessing the Features of GoAncestry
We wanted to take this opportunity to tell you about a few of the integrated applications or features that are available to all of our users. Most of these aplpications can be found along the top of each page within the "navigation bar". We have tried to arrange the applications alphabetically.
The first item is HOME. Here you can find out ABOUT US, this FEATURE page, GUIDELINES for site usage, and an in-depth SEARCH function that can search all of the site, forums, pages, galaeries, etc...
Next, is our ACTIVITY MENU. Here you will find basic information about your own recent usage of the site, your content, and the activity streams you have designated an interest in. Additional information includes who is ONLINE, a SEARCH button, and a link to our website STAFF.
CLUBS is a new feature that allows you to join into smaller more focused groups, genealogical groups, or even loval clubs. These CLUBS can be open or more restricted to members only. They can also have their ouwn Calendars, Blogs, and Galleries. I have started a club for German Ancestral Studies (GAS) that is focused upon one of our passions, German Genealogy.
FEATURES button links to our BLOGS, CALENDARS, and GALLERIES pages.
FORUMS is of course our message board area.
The EUROPE pull-dwon menu contains link to the various countries where we have already built out some additional content for our research purposes and those of some of our members.
The final button is for NORTH AMERICA where presently we link to more in-depth presentation on regional parts of Canada and the UNITED STATES.
Now, take some time becoming familiar with what each of these are used for. You will find some of our primary applications that you can use here:
- BLOGS: Our blogging software allows members to create their own blogs. We do the hosting, you do the blogging.
- CALENDAR: We will have multiple calendars that hold information about upcoming club events, historically important dates, and of course member birthdays (if you enter your birth information in your profiel and agree to share it.
- CLUBS - Join or start a focused community of interest. This is a new feature we are experimenting with on the site. Please provide us your feedback about this feature and how you wish to use it. Or just enjoy.
- FORUMS: This is our primary area allowing members to share information, ask questions, respond, and collaborate with other members.
- GALLERY: I really like pictures and maps. There are general albums for site use and each member can create their own album to share pictures they have.
- REGIONAL PAGES: This is where you find more information regarding: Europe and North American regions (Canada, Midwest, Northeast, South, West)